Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Prologue of my Blog

Writing a blog about my "spiritual" side is something I've thought about for quite awhile. I have my light-hearted blog which I hope to make people laugh or at least smile. This blog has a different purpose, but if I make you laugh accidentally, I guess that's okay. I haven't mentioned a lot of "religious" stuff in Shades of Blonde because I wanted it to be for all of my friends and I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable visiting it. I have many friends that are not LDS who are very, very good people and I love them and want them to be able to go to my blog without feeling like they are not a part of my life. But my convictions and testimony are a very big part of my life and also defines who I am, so I felt I needed to share that with anyone who is interested. (Not that I expect anyone to be overly interested but it will be a great affirmation for myself).


As I said in my introduction, I am a sinner. There have been times in my life the Spirit has been stronger than others. There have been times that I felt I have been hanging by a thread spiritually. My testimony of the gospel has never wavered. My love for my Heavenly Father has never wavered. My passion, my obedience and my will has wavered at times. I'm very thankful for the atonement, because the Lord knew we would falter. I'm still not perfect (in case you were wondering) and a long way from it. I still struggle with sinful thoughts and temptation. One thing that I have learned recently is that faith isn't a package deal. I can still have faith and spirituality even when I haven't felt things were perfect in my marriage. But this is true: I love my Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ. I know that President Monson is a living prophet who receives revelation for us today. I know the decision I made almost 25 years ago to be baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was the right thing. But please remember that I am still a sinner and trying to be better.

Tonight I opened a box marked "Scrapbook Stuff." I don't actually scrapbook, so really I should just title it "Papers I Don't Have a Clue What to do With." My heart was pounding as I turned each paper, letter, card or keepsake. I don't know why the palpitations except for the last time I traveled down "Memory Lane" I fell. It was a painful fall and hard to get back up and go back the way I came. I guess I question myself and the direction to take. I found some fun things to share in this blog and I hope you gain something from my journey.

4 comments:

  1. I ams so glad you decided to finally start this!!!!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great testimony and love Krista. Glad to see you have done this, for yourself and for us as your friends! That's what I love about you, your unwavering love for family and the gospel. I am anxious to see your next post.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful testimony that you have. I believe that it takes such a great amount of faith to take this step to share your testimony with others. Their are so many people that need to hear and feel that strength of a strong testimony. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you shared your story. Others will be able to feel the spirit through reading it. It takes courage to proclaim your testimony to the world. You are a great example!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to share, so please share your thoughts!