Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Chapter 1: In the Beginning......

For as long as I can remember I have always believed in God and desired to be close to Him. My dad wrote in a letter to be read at my mission farewell: "Mature beyond her years, Krista was born a spiritual person who takes her faith seriously but lightheartedly. She became the person she is today not because of her family but despite it. Her basic goodness shines like a beacon and, together with her faith, creates an aura of trustworthiness. Her desire to serve her church is self-evident, inasmuch as she is leaving on a mission that is neither expected or required of her. This came as no surprise to me when I was informed."

I went to the Baptist church with my grandparents or Uncle Joe & Aunt Coleen occasionally or sometimes over the years I would go on the church bus. I attended Vacation Bible School lots of summers and remember singing lots of classic Christian children's songs like "Jesus Loves Me" or "Jesus Loves the Little Children" or "The B-I-B-L-E." Those are really catchy tunes and I still sing them in my head at times. Long term memories can be a curse sometimes.

I really loved Jesus, with all my heart. I craved knowledge as a child and teen. This is my first written testimony from a little Bible that I have saved, thanks to my mom who kept it with all of our moves across the country in the Air Force.

I remember saying bedtime prayers with my mom that went: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen. Please bless Mommy, Daddy....

We are not in the families that we are in by accident. I have learned much from my parents and step-parents. I had to work and search for the true gospel, but I had a very good base to start from. I love my parents (and steps) and appreciate them for putting up with me!

......to be continued.......




1 comment:

  1. Your dad can be such a softy. I think I have heard a few of those songs. The RS's neice use to sing one that still occassionaly gets stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to share, so please share your thoughts!