Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Humor: Standing in Line

I find it funny when you go to the Bishop's office and you see other people there waiting and looking uncomfortable, some smiling slightly, some trying not to make eye contact, some actually greeting you. You know everyone is thinking, "I wonder what they're here for?"

Hmmmm. Could it be a major church assignment? Are they in financial need? What kind of personal problems could Sister Celeste Steel have? So when I show up I ask loudly, "Is this the line for repentance?" This usually gets a laugh. Then I add, "It's a good thing I'm at the end because I'm going to be awhile." Then I sometimes try to find a victim, "But not as long as Brother Blank." So that usually breaks up the tension. Then they forget to wonder why I'm there and I push things out of my imagination like, "Is Brother Blank going to be our new Bishop? Especially when I just suggested he has so much repenting to do." Whew!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the "not as much as brother blank" line. I'm totally going to try that next time I have to see the bishop . . . only with my luck it will all come off wrong just leaving everyone looking awkward and silent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! I am going to have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete

It's nice to share, so please share your thoughts!